How do the OMbra and OMrun work together?
OM's patent-pending technology intimately embedded in the fabric of the OMbra captures your deep and accurate body signals. By using leading sports science, the OMrun app helps coach you to run safer, smarter and healthier.
- Sensors embedded in the band of the OMbra capture full heart rate signature and breathing
- Movement and steps are captured by an accelerometer located in the OMbox
- Once you pair your OMbox with the OMrun app, the OMbox clips on to the OMbra using 5 secure connectors and records your body's data
- The OMbox streams your real-time data via Bluetooth to your iPhone
- Only OMrun uses heart rate and breathing to calculate your personal Ventilatory and Anaerobic Thresholds, which differ from woman to woman
- By knowing your personal thresholds, OMrun can guide you to run within your own Smart Zones
- Running in your Smart Zones means you find your optimal fat burning zone and helps to reduce unnecessary fatigue and the risk of injury
- OMrun's run recap provides you with a detailed report of your run, including information on basic metrics such as pace, distance, calories burned, and even more advanced metrics such as cadence, stride length, and breathing rhythm
Is the OMbra washable?
Yes! Simply remove the recording device (OMbox) before washing. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle and hang to dry. Do not: wash inside out, wring, bleach, use fabric softener, iron, or dry clean.
Can I use my OMbox with more than one OMbra?
Of course! Simply unclip your OMbox from one OMbra and connect it to any other OMbra in your collection.
Can I use OMrun on Android?
To deliver the best experience for our users, our team’s development efforts are currently directed at adding intuitive features to our iOS app only. Longer term, we will continue to explore other platforms to ensure anyone on any platform can benefit from our digital fitness experience. Please stay tuned!
Do I have to use OMrun with my iPhone?
Yes. Don’t forget to run with your iPhone to track your GPS; try using an armband or a fitness belt to make it easier to take your phone on the go.
Can I use OMrun indoors?
Yes! When used on a treadmill, the distance and pace are estimated using the OMbox's motion detection so you can place your iPhone in front of you while running.
Does OMsignal have a collection for men?
We're currently working on a new generation of smart running shirts for men -- stay tuned for what's to come!
Is the OMbox waterproof?
The OMbox is water-resistant and will do well with sweat and regular fitness wear and tear, but it’s not made to dive into the pool with you. We also ask that you disconnect it from your OMbra before placing it in the washing machine.
How long does the OMbox battery last?
The OMbox battery will last 18-20 hours if in use. When the OMbox is in sleep mode, it should last 10-12 days. Charging your OMbox for 20 minutes should do the trick for a quick run, and a full charge should take no more than 1.5 hours. To charge your OMbox make sure you use the micro USB charging cable provided by OMsignal in a laptop or iPhone wall charger. You can check battery life by tapping on the box icon in the top righthand corner of the screen.
Why isn't my OMbox connecting?
It may be in sleep mode. Try double tapping it or plugging it to USB to wake it up; it will vibrate once. Note: The OMbox goes to sleep after 105 seconds if it’s not connected to OMrun.
What happens to my personal data? Can other people access it?
Do you have an API and/or an SDK?
We plan to release an API that will enable you to import your data. In addition, we are working to enrich our SDK to allow open source development on iOS. This will allow users to create a more personalized data streaming experience and even connect with other devices if desired. Stay tuned for an announcement or contact us for further information.
Can I use other running apps at the same time as OMrun?
Yes! You can be running any other application that also uses the iPhone's Location Services (GPS) at the same time as OMrun.
Can I use other Bluetooth devices at the same time as OMrun?
Yes! You can use other Bluetooth devices (e.g. earbuds) at the same time as OMrun. We have however noticed that some devices hijack the Bluetooth connection so we do recommend you connect your OMbox before connecting other devices to your iPhone.
Do you still have a question that wasn’t answered?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to hear from you!